I do this partly for my own indexing purposes, as well as to present evidence to you that, while it is less frequent, yes, I am still writing film criticism. Of the five, I like my Something Wild essay the most, but I'd like to think they all are worth your time.
- On style and narrative in Arthur Ripley's THE CHASE (1946) - screening January 28, 2018
- On the soundtrack of Jonathan Demme's SOMETHING WILD (1986) - screening September 30, 2017
- On the distribution history and style of Billy Woodberry's BLESS THEIR LITTLE HEARTS (1984) - screening September 15, 2017.
- On the style and politics of Straub-Huillet's MOSES AND AARON (1975) - screening April 15, 2017.
- On the darkness and thematics of Spielberg's INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM (1984) - screening March 12, 2017.