Sunday, January 28, 2018

UW-Cinematheque Blog Posts, Part I

Since my second semester in UW-Madison's graduate film program, I have written on average two essays per semester for our Cinematheque's blog. The essays are contingent on the Cinematheque's programming, which is consistently inspired. Even though we are only at the second week of the Spring 2018 semester, I believe the essay I just had published, on Arthur Ripley's The Chase, will be my only submission this semester (master's exams to study for!). So having written five essays so far, I will link to all of them below; this is a "Part I" entry that I will surely follow up with in future semesters.

I do this partly for my own indexing purposes, as well as to present evidence to you that, while it is less frequent, yes, I am still writing film criticism. Of the five, I like my Something Wild essay the most, but I'd like to think they all are worth your time.

No comments: